In our ongoing blog series, 10 Great Social Innovation Reads, below are my top 10 picks for the best reads in the world of social innovation in June.
What were your favorite reads this month? Add to the list in the comments.
- The SocialEarth blog argues that the staggering unemployment numbers for America’s youngest workers could be an opportunity for entrepreneurship.
- As IBM and the Carnegie Corporation both turn 100, Matthew Bishop from the Economist analyzes which has done more social good.
- The Philanthropy411 blog gives us an updated list of foundations and funder networks on Twitter.
- With the advent of greater tools for understanding social return on investment, Adin Miller asks the question: Do funders need exit plans when they determine a better SROI elsewhere?
- Lucy Bernholz makes a call for more transparent philanthropy.
- Sean Stannard-Stockton takes large foundations to task for not participating more actively in the Social Innovation Fund.
- “Perhaps a useful definition of visionary leadership is the ability to not be unduly swayed by the implied or expressed goals of those outside your own tent,” argues Craig Reigel on the Nonprofit Finance Fund blog.
- FastCompany provides a great list of what business, CSR and nonprofit leaders are reading this summer.
- The PhilanTopic blog gives a useful analysis of what the recently released GivingUSA 2011 data tells us about where giving is going. And Bob Ottenhoff from GuideStar gives his take.
- Curtis Chang argues that blaming the recession for a budget shortfall just isn’t going to cut it anymore.
Photo Credit: Simon Cocks
1 Comment to 10 Great Social Innovation Reads: June
Leave a comment
- Download a free Financing
Not Fundraising e-book
when you sign up for email
updates from Social Velocity.
Sign Up Here
- Reinventing the Nonprofit Leader
It's time for a new kind of nonprofit leader, learn how to become one in this Social Velocity webinar.
- The Problem with Strategic Planning
- Social Media and the Future of Fundraising
- Financing Not Fundraising: Moving From Push to Pull
- Financing not Fundraising
- Calculating the Cost of Fundraising
- 9 Ways Board Members Can Raise Money Without Fundraising
- 5 Nonprofit Trends to Watch in 2011
- Financing Not Fundraising: 5 Lies to Stop Telling Donors
- Financing Not Fundraising: The Plan
- What is Social Innovation?