For most small and medium sized nonprofit organizations there is a huge untapped revenue potential in individual donors. But, as this month’s Reader Question pointed out, many nonprofit leaders don’t know how to find those donors.
And many others don’t realize that individual donor dollars are a much bigger opportunity than foundation grant dollars are. When I speak to groups of nonprofit boards and staff, they are often shocked when I reveal how money flows to the nonprofit sector. Thinking that foundation grants are the holy grail of funding, many nonprofits hire a grant writer and spend countless hours and resources chasing highly competitive grants. But the fact is that barely 2% of the money flowing to the nonprofit sector comes from foundations. A much larger portion, over 11%, comes from individuals.
Individual donor fundraising can help diversify a nonprofit’s funding picture, and major donor fundraising in particular, which requires a one-on-one relationship building model, can be a great way to systematically expand a nonprofit’s network and funding. It is also the highest and best use of a board member’s fundraising time.
To help nonprofits understand individual donor fundraising and how to get their board and staff moving in that direction, the next webinar in our ongoing webinar series focuses on how to bring individual donors in the door.
The “Finding Individual Donors” webinar will give you tools and strategies to:
- Define a major gift for your organization
- Use social media to connect with individual supporters
- Create events that resonate with individual donors
- Identify prospects
- Engage your board in individual donor fundraising
- Create a system for engaging individual donors
- Launch a major donor campaign
- Break an individual donor dollar goal into pieces to make the goal achievable
If you want to attract individual contributors to your nonprofit, but don’t know how to get started, or if you would like to expand the individual donors you already have, this webinar will show you how.
Financing Not Fundraising: Finding Individual Donors
On Demand Webinar
The registration fee will get you:
- A link to a recording of the webinar, which you can watch as many times as you like
- The PowerPoint slides from the webinar
- The ability to ask additional follow-up questions after the webinar
Photo Credit: HikingArtist.com
3 Comments to Finding Individual Donors Webinar
Leave a comment
- Download a free Financing
Not Fundraising e-book
when you sign up for email
updates from Social Velocity.
Sign Up Here