There comes a time at every nonprofit when a difficult conversation must happen. A conversation, which if avoided, could really cripple the organization and its work. It could be saying “No” to a donor who wants to take the organization away from its mission, or telling a board member they need to start performing, or being honest with a staff member who is not a good fit for their position.
Because nonprofits are so resource-constrained it is critical that they put every resource to its highest and best use. And in order to do that, sometimes you must lead a difficult conversation.
The Social Velocity recorded webinar “Leading Difficult Conversations with Funders, Board Members and Employees” will give you the tools to approach those conversations with confidence and skill so that you can do what’s best for your nonprofit.
Some of the scenarios covered include when:
- A board member is not raising money
- A donor wants to launch a program that doesn’t fit your strategy or mission
- A board member should be asked to resign
- A staff member is not performing effectively
This webinar will give you:
- Concrete language to use with funders, board members, staff
- A strategy to best approach a challenging negotiation
- Case studies and examples of difficult situations
- A process for thinking through future scenarios and focusing on what’s best for your nonprofit
- A forum for putting your toughest situations to the test
- The opportunity to hear what challenges other nonprofit leaders face
The registration fee will get you:
- A link to a recording of the webinar, which you can watch as many times as you like
- The PowerPoint slides from the webinar
- The ability to ask additional follow-up questions after the webinar
So if you struggle with telling donors, board members and staff what they need to hear, try our recorded webinar.
And if you want to learn how to create an overall financing plan for your nonprofit, join us for that webinar on April 24th. Click here to register
Photo Credit: www.geograph.org.uk
2 Comments to New Webinar: Leading Difficult Conversations with Donors, Board and Staff
Leave a comment
- The Nonprofit Sector and the
Philanthropy That Funds It Are
Find Out How to Keep Up
in our June 25th
Embracing the Future of the
Nonprofit Sector Webinar