With the new year comes new year’s resolutions and one I’d love to see more nonprofits embrace is getting smarter about raising money. Imagine if more nonprofit leaders were to take a big step back and develop an overall financing strategy for their organizations that integrates money with their mission and allows them to play on their assets. In so doing, we could move away from a sector that struggles to get by.
To help you along in developing a smarter way to raise money in 2013 I’m offering two webinars this month.
Creating an Earned Income Stream Webinar
This webinar builds on the earlier Financing Not Fundraising: Evaluating Earned Income webinar and is intended for those nonprofits that have a business idea and are ready to pursue an earned income stream. This webinar, complete with case studies of other nonprofits that have launched earned income businesses, will show participants how to:
- Pilot a new business idea
- Find customers
- Price products/services
- Project future business income and expenses
- Create goals for the business and monitor progress on them
- Report progress on the business to the board
Next is a repeat of November’s sold out “Creating a Financing Plan” webinar:
Creating a Financing Plan Webinar
This webinar will help nonprofit leaders understand the steps to creating an overall financing plan for their organization that results in sustainable, long-term money coming in the door. Webinar participants will learn how to:
- Set goals for ALL revenue streams flowing to the organization
- Determine the infrastructure dollars they need to raise
- Tie their financing plan to their strategic plan
- Create tactical steps to make the plan a reality, with activities, deliverables, people responsible, timeline
- Divide tasks by staff and board members
- Develop ways to monitor and revise the plan going forward
And remember, all of our webinars are recorded and available as on demand downloads right after the live webinar, so even if you can’t make the time of the live webinar, you can still register and have access to all of the content. The registration fee for any Social Velocity webinar will get you:
- Access to the live, interactive webinar (live webinar only)
- A link to a recording of the webinar, which you can watch as many times as you like
- The PowerPoint slides from the webinar
- The ability to ask additional follow-up questions after the webinar
You can see the complete list of all Social Velocity webinars here.
I hope to see you at one of these webinars!
Photo Credit: sylvester
1 Comment to Webinars to Kick Start Your 2013 Fundraising Plan
Leave a comment
- Download a free Financing
Not Fundraising e-book
when you sign up for email
updates from Social Velocity.
Sign Up Here
- Do You Want to Find
for Your Nonprofit?
Make it happen with the
Develop a Financial Model