I get it. The words “strategic plan” have been so abused in the nonprofit sector that they elicit a whole spectrum of negative responses from the bored eye roll to the destructive desire to forgo strategy altogether. But I am a firm believer that charting a future direction for your nonprofit, whatever you want to call it, is absolutely fundamental to success.
A great strategy allows your nonprofit to:
- Connect mission and money
- Marshal ever-limited resources to their highest and best use
- Make board and staff more productive
- Articulate the value you provide your community
- Attract additional funding
- And, ultimately, create more social change
If you can’t, as an organization, describe your strategy for the future, how will you build the momentum and resources needed to get there?
This month’s Social Velocity webinar, The Value of a Great Nonprofit Strategy, will help you understand:
- Why strategy is so critical to building momentum and resources for your work
- What a great strategic planning process looks like
- How strategy can help you invest funders, engage your board, and make your staff more productive
- How to make your board more strategic
- The steps to get there
And remember, even if you can’t make this date or time you can still register for the webinar and get access to the on demand recording, slides and ability to ask follow up questions. I hope you’ll join us!
Photo Credit: jonrawlinson.com
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
- Download a free Financing
Not Fundraising e-book
when you sign up for email
updates from Social Velocity.
Sign Up Here
- Reinventing the Nonprofit Leader
It's time for a new kind of nonprofit leader, learn how to become one in this Social Velocity webinar.
- The Problem with Strategic Planning
- Social Media and the Future of Fundraising
- Financing Not Fundraising: Moving From Push to Pull
- Financing not Fundraising
- Calculating the Cost of Fundraising
- 5 Nonprofit Trends to Watch in 2011
- Financing Not Fundraising: 5 Lies to Stop Telling Donors
- 9 Ways Board Members Can Raise Money Without Fundraising
- Financing Not Fundraising: The Plan
- What is Social Innovation?