The nonprofit starvation cycle is one nonprofit leaders know only to well. Nonprofits rarely have the technology, staff, and systems to function effectively. So they scrape by trying to wring one more drop out of a completely dry rock.
But instead of waiting for funders to fix the situation, it is up to nonprofit leaders themselves to break free. And you break free by raising capacity capital. This month’s Social Velocity webinar, “Raising Capacity Capital,” can help you do just that.
Capacity capital is a one-time investment of significant money that can help build or strengthen a nonprofit so that it can create more social change. Capacity capital funds things like technology, systems, a program evaluation, revenue-generating staff, start-up costs for an earned income business. It is money that strengthens the organization so that it can do more.
But often nonprofit leaders don’t recognize that everything they need to raise capacity capital and break free from the starvation cycle is in right in front of them.
The “Raising Capacity Capital” webinar will show you how to:
- Talk about the importance of capacity capital to your donors and board
- Create a budget for the capacity dollars you need
- Develop a campaign goal
- Break the goal into donor ask amounts
- Identify prospective donors
- Give your board a role in the campaign
- Gain the confidence to start asking for the money you really need
This webinar is an encore presentation of one of our most popular webinars. Here’s what some past participants had to say:
“Thank you! this was helpful and wonderfully accessible. I am impressed.”
“Just a note to thank you for the informative webinar. I found it most constructive, as my organization is right at the stage of getting out of starvation mode. I look forward to participating in more sessions.”
On Demand Webinar
And keep in mind all Social Velocity Webinars are “on demand,” so even if you can’t make this date and time you can still register and watch the recorded webinar, receive the slides and get your questions answered anytime.
The registration fee will get you:
- A link to a recording of the webinar, which you can watch whenever you like
- The PowerPoint slides from the webinar
- The ability to ask additional follow-up questions after the webinar
If you are serious about moving your nonprofit out of the starvation cycle, capacity capital can help you get there.
Photo Credit: gfpeck
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
- Download a free Financing
Not Fundraising e-book
when you sign up for email
updates from Social Velocity.
Sign Up Here
- Do You Want to Attract Major
Donors to Your Nonprofit?
Find Out How in the
Attract Major Donors