I mentioned earlier this year that I would start using Google Hangouts (on the Social Velocity Google+ page) for interviews, videos, Q&As, etc. Well, I’m excited to share with you my first video from the Social Velocity Google+ page. I want to begin doing regular videos that describe an aspect of moving your nonprofit forward. And next week I’ll share my first video interview.
Today, I’m talking about why I think every single nonprofit board member should be involved in bringing money in the door. I know this is a controversial topic, so take a look at why I believe it so strongly.
My hope is that these videos will spur new discussion in your nonprofit. So, you might consider having your board watch this video at an upcoming meeting and then discussing whether your board starts moving in this direction. If nothing else, it’s food for thought.
If you have a topic, issue or question you’d like me to cover in an upcoming short video, let me know in the comments below. And if you want to be notified whenever there is a new Google Hangout, join the Social Velocity Google+ page.
2 Comments to Why Every Nonprofit Board Member Should Fundraise
Leave a comment
- Download a free Financing
Not Fundraising e-book
when you sign up for email
updates from Social Velocity.
Sign Up Here
- Reinventing the Nonprofit Leader
It's time for a new kind of nonprofit leader, learn how to become one in this Social Velocity webinar.
- The Problem with Strategic Planning
- Social Media and the Future of Fundraising
- 9 Ways Board Members Can Raise Money Without Fundraising
- Calculating the Cost of Fundraising
- Financing Not Fundraising: Moving From Push to Pull
- Financing not Fundraising
- Financing Not Fundraising: 5 Lies to Stop Telling Donors
- 5 Nonprofit Trends to Watch in 2011
- Financing Not Fundraising: The Plan
- What is Social Innovation?