The board of directors is a nonprofit organization’s most critical resource. If the board is not performing at their peak, the programs, funding, marketing, strategy and overall effectiveness of the organization suffers.
Nell works with a nonprofit to increase the engagement, investment and effectiveness of their board of directors. In so doing, the nonprofit is able to make better use of the tremendous time, expertise, network and other resources board members can offer.
Nell works with a nonprofit’s leadership to:
- Define the appropriate roles and responsibilities of the board
- Analyze the board skills, experience, knowledge and networks required to meet the goals of the nonprofit’s strategic plan
- Determine what current holes in skills, experience, knowledge and networks exist on the board
- Recruit additional board members to fill these holes
- Educate the board about their unique and important role
- Focus the board on the highest and best use of their time and talents
- Develop an effective committee structure that results in higher board productivity
- Engage every board member in effective fundraising activities
If you want to talk with Nell about whether a consulting engagement might be right for your nonprofit, fill out this form. We’ll get back to you within 24 hours to schedule a time to talk.