Social Velocity E-Newsletter Archives
“I LOVE your emails. I forward many of them onto my Board members who HOPEFULLY read them. Your articles are both engaging and productive. Thank you!”
– A Social Velocity E-newsletter Subscriber
“To say that your information is helpful is the biggest understatement I can think of. Your insights are superb and practical and innovative.”
– A Social Velocity E-newsletter Subscriber
Want to subscribe to Social Velocity’s e-newsletter? Sign up here.
- July 2013: 3 Things Philanthropists Can Do To Move Nonprofits Forward, Raising Capacity Capital Webinar, Could Your Nonprofit Raise More Money?, Financing Not Fundraising: Calculate Opportunity Costs
- June 2013: What Does the Future Hold for Nonprofits?, How Coaching Can Transform a Nonprofit, Create a Major Donor Campaign, Why Your Board Should Raise 10% of Your Budget
- May 2013: 5 Reasons Your Nonprofit Isn’t Raising Money, Getting Your Board to Raise Money Webinar, Investing in a Sustainable Nonprofit Future, 10 Great Social Innovation Reads: April 2013
- April 2013: It’s Time For A New Kind of Nonprofit Leader, New E-Course: Financing Not Fundraising for Nonprofit Leaders, Can You Really Create a Powerhouse Nonprofit Board?, How to Convince People to Give
- March 2013: How Nonprofits Can Face the Challenge of Change, New Webinar: The Value of a Great Nonprofit Strategy, NextGen Donors and the New Golden Age of Philanthropy, Stop Beating Your Head Against the Nonprofit Fundraising Wall
- February 2013: Find and Keep a Great Fundraiser, New Webinar: The Power of a Theory of Change, New Guide: Creating a Nonprofit Financing Plan, How to Make Time for Strategy
- January 2013: 5 Building Blocks of Nonprofit Success, Two Webinars to Kick Start Your 2013 Fundraising Plan, Charting a Better Future for the Nonprofit Sector: An Interview with Phil Buchanan, Social Velocity Briefs
- December 2012: 5 Nonprofit Trends to Watch in 2013, Kick Your Nonprofit Succession Plan to the Curb, Two New Tools: Guide and Webinar, Social Velocity Briefs
- November 2012: Is Your Nonprofit Ready for Change?, Helping Nonprofits Navigate Change, November Webinar: Creating a Financing Plan, Social Velocity Briefs
- October 2012: 7 Mistakes in Your Nonprofit Fundraising Plan, Can the Nonprofit Sector Stand Up for Itself?, Moving Beyond A Nonprofit’s Founder Webinar
- September 2012: Nonprofits Must Stop Fearing Money, Abandoning Ineffective Fundraisers, A Step-by-Step Guide to Finding Major Donors
- August 2012: Doing Good Work is No Longer Enough, A Contest to Help Your Nonprofit Grow Stronger, How to Convince Your Board You Need a Strategic Plan
- July 2012: 9 MORE Ways Board Members Can Raise Money, Raising Money to Grow On: Creating the Fundraising Pitch, Reinventing the Nonprofit Capital Campaign
- June 2012: What’s Holding Your Nonprofit Back From Raising More Money?, New Tools for Building Your Nonprofit, Kiss That Endowment Dream Goodbye
- May 2012: Tools to Build a Stronger Nonprofit, Is Earned Income Right for Your Nonprofit?, The Fundamental Building Blocks of Social Change
- April 2012: How to Rebut Crazy Donor Demands, Raise Money to Strengthen Your Nonprofit, Reader Question: How to Create a Budget for Nonprofit Growth
- March 2012: How Nonprofits Can Thrive While Awaiting Economic Recovery, New E-book: 10 Traits of a Groundbreaking Nonprofit Board, The Critical Alliance Between Executive and Development Directors
- February 2012: 9 Ways Board Members Can Raise Money Without Fundraising, How to Find Individual Donors, How Founder’s Syndrome Hurt the Komen Foundation
- January 2012: How To Jump Start Your Board to Raise Money, Do You Know Your Nonprofit’s Place in the Market?, Preventing Social Change Burnout
- December 2011: 5 Nonprofit Trends to Watch in 2012, A Guide to Creating a Theory of Change, Why Nonprofit Overhead is Destructive
- November 2011: What Nonprofits Can Learn From Netflix, Financing Not Fundraising Webinar Series, Teaching Children How to Give Back
- October 2011: 5 Lies to Stop Telling Nonprofit Donors, Financing Not Fundraising Webinar Repeat, We Should Expect More From Nonprofit Donors
- September 2011: How To Convince Donors to Give, 5 Steps to Overcome the Catch-22 of Nonprofit Capacity, Rethinking Nonprofit Fundraising: A Podcast
- August 2011: Raising Money to Grow On: Creating The Plan, Better Strategy for Educational Entrepreneurs, Financing Not Fundraising: Moving From Push to Pull
- July 2011: The Dire Consequences of Poor Nonprofit Strategy, Reinventing the Nonprofit Sector, A Call to Arms for Nonprofits
- June 2011: 4 Things Every Nonprofit Needs, A Case Study in Raising Money to Grow On, Calculating the Cost of Fundraising
- May 2011: Simple Steps to a More Effective Fundraising Plan, The Problem with Strategic Planning, When Fundraising Goes Wrong – Really Wrong
- April 2011: Is Earned Income Right for Your Nonprofit?, Getting Your Board to Fundraise, What Social Entrepreneurs Can Learn From an Old Nonprofit, Are You Stuck in the Nonprofit Starvation Cycle?
- March 2011: 8 Nonprofit Inflection Points and How to Seize Them, The Risk of Small Thinking, Explore New Types of Money, How Effective is Your Fundraising Plan? Tip Sheet
- February 2011: 5 Hard Questions Every Nonprofit Should Ask, The Road to Financial Strength Starts with One Board Member, A Place for Government in Social Innovation?: An Interview with Laura Tomasko, A Theory of Change Tip Sheet
- January 2011: How to Create the Donors You Really Need, A More Transformative Corporate Philanthropy, 6 Steps to Raise Money for Building Capacity, Strategic Plan Tip Sheet
- December 2010: 5 Nonprofit Trends to Watch in 2011, A Tool Box to Make Your Nonprofit Stronger, Philanthropy Starts Young, Board Fundraising Tip Sheet
- November 2010: This Holiday Season Fundraise Around Impact Not Need,Tools to Build Smaller Nonprofits, Where Do Nonprofits Fit in the Market?, What Can Your Nonprofit Learn from Social Entrepreneurs?
- October 2010: New Results Prove Growth Capital Works for Nonprofits, The Social Capital Markets Conference Round-Up, Resetting Fundraising: 5 Ways to Raise More Money
- September 2010: Bring Individual Donors in the Door, Can’t Small Nonprofits Raise Capital Too?, What Social Value Do Nonprofits Really Create?
- July 2010: Bringing Small Nonprofits to Scale, A New Kind of Nonprofit Leader, Can Reactive Clark Kent Become Strategic Superman?
- June 2010: Can You Really Wave Goodbye to Fundraising Forever?, Fixing the World Requires Disruptive not Incremental Change, The Road to a Better World is Jammed with Red Bikes
- May 2010: Kick Your Fundraising Plan to the Curb, What’s the Cost of Bad Decisions?, Social Innovation Comes to Texas with a BANG!
- April 2010: What Nonprofits Can Learn from Social Entrepreneurs, Money for Smaller Nonprofits, The Critical Importance of Financial Strategy
- March 2010: 7 Ways Boards Can Raise More Money, A New Way to Build Fundraising Capacity, The Change.org Blog
- February 2010: Creating a Winning Case for Support, The Problem With Emergency Appeals, Before We Measure Outcomes
- January 2010: Losing the Charity Mindset, A New Way to Fund Social Impact, Recession: Constraint or Opportunity?
- December 2009: Changing Nonprofit Funding, The Path to a Stronger Organization, Social Innovation in Texas
- November 2009: Fundamental Shifts in the Nonprofit World, Why Do People Give?, But Change We Must, Calculating the Cost of Fundraising
- October 2009: The Future of the Social Sector, What Will 2010 Bring?, Turning Your Donors Into Organization Builders, 5 Ways to Raise More Money
- September 2009: Nonprofits’ Place in the New Social Capital Market, Where Do Nonprofits Fit In?, 5 Ways Board Members Can Build Nonprofits, Growing Nonprofit Impact and Capacity
- July/August 2009: Experimenting with Social Impact, Can Social Media Raise Money?, An Austin Foundation’s PRI Experiment, When The Government Innovates
- June 2009: Tools for Greater Social Impact, Effective Leaders for Social Change, Making Your Board Work for You, What Can Twitter Do For You?
- May 2009: Removing the Roadblocks, Unnecessary Hurdles for Nonprofits, Effective Fundraising Messaging, A Strategic Approach to Raising Money
- April 2009: Expanding the Funding Pie, The Beginnings of a Social Capital Market, PRIs: An Old Tool With a New Use, Austin Foundation Helps Nonprofits Grow
- March 2009: Following the Money, Critical Alignment of Money, Mission and Competence, Resetting the Fundraising Approach, Finding Investment Capital for Social Impact in Austin
- February 2009: Capital, Reform and Social Media, Overcoming the Anti-Overhead Mindset, Here Comes Some Real Education Reform, The Fundraising Payback of Social Media
- January 2009: Finding Opportunity in Adversity, Introducing Equity into the Nonprofit Sector, Austin = Social Enterprise?, Planning: An Answer to Uncertainty
- December 2008: Thriving in a Down Economy, Finding Capital to Build Your Fundraising Function, Social Media and the Future of Fundraising, What Austin Can Learn From London