getting board members to fundraise
There comes a time at every nonprofit when a difficult conversation must happen. A conversation, which if avoided, could really cripple the organization and its work. It could be saying “No” to a donor who wants to take the organization away from its mission, or telling a board member they need to start performing, or being honest with a staff member who is not a good fit for their position.
Because nonprofits are so resource-constrained it is critical that they put every resource to its highest and best use. And in order to do that, sometimes you must lead a difficult conversation.
The Social Velocity On Demand webinar “Leading Difficult Conversations with Funders, Board Members and Employees” will give you the tools to approach those conversations with confidence and skill so that you can do what’s best for your nonprofit.
Some of the scenarios covered include when:
- A board member is not raising money
- A donor wants to launch a program that doesn’t fit your strategy or mission
- A board member should be asked to resign
- A staff member is not performing effectively
This webinar will give you:
- Concrete language to use with funders, board members, staff
- A strategy to best approach a challenging negotiation
- Case studies and examples of difficult situations
- A process for thinking through future scenarios and focusing on what’s best for your nonprofit
- A forum for putting your toughest situations to the test
- The opportunity to hear what challenges other nonprofit leaders face
Leading Difficult Conversations with Funders, Board Members and Employees
The registration fee will get you:
- A link to a recording of the webinar, which you can watch as many times as you like
- The PowerPoint slides from the webinar
- The ability to ask additional follow-up questions after the webinar
So if you struggle with telling donors, board members and staff what they need to hear, try our on demand webinar.
And if you want to learn how to create an overall financing plan for your nonprofit, join us for that webinar on April 24th. Click here to register
Photo Credit: www.geograph.org.uk
- Download a free Financing
Not Fundraising e-book
when you sign up for email
updates from Social Velocity.
Sign Up Here
- Tired of begging your
board to raise money?
Learn how to
Build a Fundraising Board
in this month's
Social Velocity webinar.