Last Thursday I was a guest on Michael Chatman’s The Giving Show, a weekly radio show about philanthropy. I was delighted to talk with Michael and his listeners about how nonprofits need to rethink the ways they bring money in the door. If you missed the show, you can still listen to the podcast here.
Michael and I talk about:
- How nonprofits need to finance, not fundraise for, their social impact
- The difference between revenue and capital, and why it’s such an important distinction for nonprofits
- When earned income is right for a nonprofit
- The opportunity the recession poses for nonprofits
- Why nonprofits must let go of the status quo
- How to educate donors to be organization builders
- Where innovation is happening in the nonprofit sector
- The convergence of the nonprofit, for-profit and government sectors
- Why overhead is NOT a dirty word
And much more. You can listen here.
I’m delighted to announce that I will be Michael Chatman’s guest on this week’s Giving Show. Michael was voted America’s Maverick Philanthropist and one of the nation’s leading authorities on new philanthropy. He heads the nation’s largest network of mission-related philanthropists giving up to $50,000 annually, The Association of Maverick Philanthropists.
Michael hosts a weekly radio show, called the Giving Show, the largest weekly audience devoted to the topic of philanthropy.
I’ll be Michael’s guest this week on Thursday, September 8th at 11:30am Eastern. You can click here to listen then.
We’ll be talking about Financing Not Fundraising, how to get your donors to be more effective, how philanthropy is changing, what the social entrepreneurship movement means for nonprofits and much more. I hope you’ll join us.
Click here to listen to the Giving Show on Thursday at 11:30am Eastern.
- Download a free Financing
Not Fundraising e-book
when you sign up for email
updates from Social Velocity.
Sign Up Here
- Tired of begging your
board to raise money?
Learn how to
Build a Fundraising Board
in this month's
Social Velocity webinar.