I announced last month that I was recommitting to the Reader Question Series on the blog. I received some really great questions, thanks to all of you who submitted a question. As I read through the questions, I thought it might make sense to combine two of my new year’s resolutions (the relaunched Reader Question series and using more video on the blog) into this new series. So I’m going to start answering the Reader Questions via video. Below is my answer to this great question from a reader:
“The executive director is often so busy putting out the day-to-day fires that they lose time to work on the big strategic goals. How can an ED break the cycle of jumping from crisis to crisis?”
If you have a question you’d like me to answer in an upcoming Reader Question video, send it to email@example.com with the subject heading “Reader Question.” I look forward to reading your questions. Thanks!
Since today is Halloween I wanted to continue a tradition I started last Halloween of providing a list of resources about nonprofit innovation. I’ve created the list below by culling from our constantly evolving and much larger list of resources on the Social Velocity website. Below I’ve handpicked the tools I think are most useful for wielding the money sword, connecting to the larger social innovation movement, and finding inspiration. Please add to the list in the comments of this post.
Wielding the Money Sword
- Nonprofit Growth Capital, Building is not Buying
- The Nonprofit Starvation Cycle
- Social Impact Bond Initiative
- Creating a Financing Plan
- The Enormous Opportunity of Capacity Capital
- Financing Not Fundraising
Connecting to the Social Innovation Movement
- Accelerating Social Entrepreneurship in the Age of Austerity
- Clinton Global Initiative
- Grantmakers for Effective Organizations Conference
- Harvard Social Enterprise Conference
- NextGen: Charity
- The Nonprofit Management Institute
- Nonprofit Technology Conference
- Skoll World Forum on Social Entrepreneurship
- Slow Money
- Social Capital Markets Conference
- Social Enterprise Summit
- Social Good Summit
- Social Impact Exchange
- Social Innovation Summit
- Getting to Maybe: How the World is Changed
- How to Change the World
- The Power of Unreasonable People
- Making Good
- Work on Purpose
What have I missed? What books, conferences, articles, tools do you find inspiring and insightful? Add to the list in the comments.
Photo Credit: dimland
- Download a free Financing
Not Fundraising e-book
when you sign up for email
updates from Social Velocity.
Sign Up Here
- Tired of begging your
board to raise money?
Learn how to
Build a Fundraising Board
in this month's
Social Velocity webinar.