Financing Not Fundraising: Rethinking How Nonprofits Bring Money in the Door – Recorded Webinar
“Very insightful webinar! A move towards a change in thinking
and how to approach “giving”.”
– Webinar Participant
“Social Velocity conceptually is way ahead of the curve in nonprofit consulting.
Visionary and spot-on!”
– Webinar Participant
Fundraising in the nonprofit sector doesn’t work anymore. In fact, traditional fundraising is holding the sector back by keeping nonprofits in the starvation cycle of trying to do more and more with less and less. What nonprofits need is a financing strategy, not a fundraising strategy. That means that nonprofits have to break out of the narrow view that traditional FUNDRAISING (individual donor appeals, events, foundation grants) will completely fund all of their activities. Instead, nonprofits must work to create a broader approach to securing the overall FINANCING necessary to create social change.
This webinar, based on our popular Financing Not Fundraising ongoing blog series shows nonprofits what this broader approach to securing the overall financing necessary to create social change looks like, including:
- How to align your nonprofit’s mission with the money needed to deliver on it
- Why a message of impact results in more money
- Understanding the critical difference between revenue and capital
- Why overhead isn’t a dirty word anymore
- How and why to calculate the net revenue of money raising activities
- When to explore new revenue streams
If you’ve been following the Social Velocity Financing Not Fundraising blog series and you want to learn more, or if the series has brought up some burning questions that you’d like to have answered, join us for this interactive webinar.
If your staff, your board, and your donors are worn out, rest assured, there is a better way. Join this webinar to find out how.
Fill out the registration form and pay the registration fee, and the recorded webinar will play. It includes visual of the PowerPoint slides as Nell Edgington, President of Social Velocity, goes through them, as well as audio of her speaking.
The registration fee will get you:
- A link to a recording of the webinar, which you can watch as many times as you like
- The PowerPoint slides from the webinar
- The ability to ask follow-up questions after the webinar