What Nonprofits Can Learn From Social Entrepreneurs – Recorded Webinar
“Great Webinar! Loved it — one of the best I’ve seen to consolidate the comparisons
and the important differences.”
– Webinar Participant
In the new and exciting social entrepreneurship movement, there is sometimes a tendency to dismiss the sector that was working on social change long before it was “cool”. Often the older nonprofit sector is left behind, partly because the sector tends to be risk- and change-averse. Again and again, people have said that innovation will never become part of the nonprofit system — that nonprofits are too set in their ways. Or that the sector is too broken to emerge anew.
That attitude, though, is unacceptable. The nonprofit sector is an enormous part of our economy and has a long history of working towards social change. If we were to cast it aside completely, we’d lose the tremendous resources (money, people, mind-share) that are being invested in that sector every day. The nonprofit sector has tremendous potential for innovation. Indeed, without innovation in the nonprofit sector, the broader movement to solve social problems is doomed.
So instead of tossing it aside, let’s remake it, re-envision, restructure and reinvent it.
The “What Nonprofits Can Learn From Social Entrepreneurs” webinar will help nonprofit leaders understand the new models, funding approaches, messaging, systems that for-profit and nonprofit social entrepreneurs are employing to create social change. If nonprofit leaders can understand this new movement and integrate some of the ideas into their work, they can achieve more social change. This webinar will help nonprofit leaders understand the social entrepreneurship movement and the innovative people, organizations and funding vehicles that are solving social problems in new, exciting ways. It will help nonprofit leaders understand what they can do to keep up, and how to make their own organizations more innovative, attract new kinds of funding, and achieve their social change goals more effectively.
The webinar will include:
- Case studies of nonprofit and for-profit social entrepreneurs
- Examples of philanthropists and social investors who are funding social change in new ways
- How social entrepreneurs are becoming more effective at making a case for support
- What the social capital market is and how it’s evolving
- What new foundation funding vehicles like “mission-related” and “program-related” invesments are
- What “venture philanthropy,” “philanthropic equity,” and “growth capital” are and how to organizations are using them to grow their organizations
- New models nonprofit growth
- New legal structures for social change organizations
- Inspiration for taking your organization to the next level
Fill out the registration form, pay the $40 fee, and the recorded webinar will play. It includes visual of the PowerPoint slides as Nell Edgington, President of Social Velocity, goes through them, as well as audio of her speaking.
The registration fee will get you:
- A link to a recording of the webinar, which you can watch as many times as you like
- The PowerPoint slides from the webinar
- The ability to ask follow-up questions after the webinar