One of the things I love about my job is that I get to travel to different parts of the country talking with groups of social change leaders about how to think about their work in new ways. I speak to nonprofit and philanthropic conferences, events, groups, even boards about trends in the nonprofit sector and how social change leaders must adapt.
Recently I have spoken to groups in Portland, Seattle, Sacramento, Dallas, and Idaho. You can see a video of me speaking to the Seattle Association of Fundraising Professionals Conference below (or click here) where I was talking about one of my most popular topics, How to Move From Fundraising to Financing.
I speak about any of the topics covered in the Social Velocity blog, but here is a general list of topics:
- Moving From Fundraising to Financing
- The Future of the Nonprofit Sector
- Overcoming Nonprofit Myths
- Reinventing the Nonprofit Leader
- The Power of a Theory of Change
- Getting Your Board to Fundraise
- How To Raise Capacity Capital
- Creating a Sustainable Financial Model
- Messaging Impact
- Creating a Succession Plan
- Honest Conversations Between Funders and Nonprofits
- The Critical Connection Between Mission and Money
Photo Credit: Social Velocity