Being the leader of a nonprofit can be incredibly lonely. You have a million demands on your time, countless people to keep happy, ambitious (if not impossible) goals to achieve, and few resources with which to achieve them. It can be an overwhelming place to be.
But it doesn’t have to be that way. I have found that if a nonprofit leader has someone to confide their challenges and concerns, strategize solutions, brainstorm new approaches, and hear about alternative options they can emerge with greater confidence, inspiration and energy.
I believe there is a tremendous need for this kind of coach for the leaders of the nonprofit sector. That is why I’ve begun offering nonprofit staff coaching services.
I coach executive directors to:
- Create a more effective, engaged board of directors
- Structure your staff to better meet your goals
- Implement and monitor your strategic plan
- Establish or strengthen key external relationships
- Better communicate with and engage staff
- Develop dashboards for reporting progress to board and funders
- Raise growth or capacity capital
- And much more
And I coach development directors (and executive directors who also wear the development director hat) to:
- Create an effective annual financing plan
- Launch a major donor campaign
- Engage your board in fundraising
- Use social media to recruit donors
- Develop compelling fundraising letters, proposals and materials
- Streamline donor cultivation and stewardship
- Develop more efficient and effective back-end fundraising systems
- And much more
I provide phone, email, and in-person coaching to nonprofit staff to help gain new perspective, try new ideas, get unstuck and move their organization forward. You can download the Coaching one sheet here.
The duration and price of coaching depends on the level of counsel your staff needs. You can purchase a package of coaching hours to use over a month, several months, or a year. The more hours you purchase, the lower the hourly coaching rate. Coaching prices range from $250 for a single hour of coaching to $10,000+ for 50+ hours of coaching.
If you want to see Social Velocity Coaching in action read the A Community for Education case study.
And if you’d like to schedule a free consultation to learn more about how coaching might work for your nonprofit, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo Credit: JPtHart